Boldron C of E Mission Church was built in the 1880’s. Before that date, parishioners from Boldron worshipped at Holy Trinity Church, Startforth or St Giles’ Church, Bowes.It was built on the site of an old house, occupied by Jonathan Clarkson in 1841, and much of the building stone was recycled from this house. The font, bell and pews were also recycled from Startforth Church.
There was a thriving congregation for many years and numerous babies were baptised in the reputedly Saxon font. However, in recent years the numbers dwindled and the Church was sold and has been converted into a house.